1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed in person with official photo identification from Sycamore Jewelers at 4676 Commonwealth Centre Parkway, Midlothian, VA 23112, within thirty (30) days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents living in the Continental United States. Participants must be at least 18 years of age. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest. Only one (1) vote per person, per day. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion.
3. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address or Facebook account per day. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant Sycamore Jewelers exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the contest event, where allowed by law, participants agree that Sycamore Jewelers may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest event to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Sycamore Jewelers or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that Sycamore Jewelers is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sycamore Jewelers and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting Sycamore Jewelers, or its designees, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
6. Release. By participating in the contest event, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Sycamore Jewelers, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest event, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Sycamore Jewelers.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Sycamore Jewelers, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide Sycamore Jewelers with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the contest event, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sycamore Jewelers personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the contest event, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Sycamore Jewelers will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules of the Contest and the company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest event is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sycamore Jewelers, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sycamore Jewelers deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Sycamore Jewelers and are final. Sycamore Jewelers may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sycamore Jewelers reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sycamore Jewelers release form to claim the prize. Sycamore Jewelers may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Sycamore Jewelers website and/or Facebook page. Sycamore Jewelers disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the Sycamore Jewelers website and/or Facebook page. All entries become the property of Sycamore Jewelers and will not be returned.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Virginia, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sycamore Jewelers shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
11. Facebook. All contests and promotions run on Facebook are managed by Sycamore Jewelers. None of Sycamore Jewelers contests or promotions are in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to Sycamore Jewelers and not to Facebook. By participating in any Sycamore Jewelers contest or promotion you are agreeing to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
12. Instagram. All contests and promotions run on Instagram are managed by Sycamore Jewelers. None of Sycamore Jewelers contests or promotions are in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You are providing your information to Sycamore Jewelers and not to Instagram. By participating in any Sycamore Jewelers contest or promotion you are agreeing to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
**Sycamore Jewelers is free to make changes to these rules without notice.